December 25, 2010

My Greatest Christmas Present =0)


"A short novel or essay with grammar errors. lol Yet, I know how to fix my errors just to lazy. Hope you enjoy my short novel brother because everyone who read it did.

PS: I lied a lil bit about locations and other stuff, don’t mind that. ENJOY!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!



Zina Bascom
Professor DiBenedetto
English 50
28 September 2010


Until We Meet Again, Best friend

As getting older I realized how one person can deeply affect my life. Days would fly past and I would sit wondering, why? If we played together as kids; we can play together as adults watching movies, or playing tennis, but why did he leave me? Every two weeks I received a letter on how he was doing, and some of the letters I received was good and also bad. “My training is hard, but I’m passing a few courses. I’ll be done in three months,” he said. Plenty of nights I’d smash my face into a pillow and cry, mmh ahh! My tears would turn into screams. Oh, I miss him so. Months would pass by and that special day finally came. After the painful nights and depression of feeling alone, this was the day I met my best friend again.

Around seven a.m. my family and I departed our San Diego hotels for Camp Pendelton. As I sit there in the car waiting anxiously, for my best friend, my hands began to sweat. As my family and I got closer to Camp Pendelton, my mind wondered about my best friend. Whether camp Pendelton changed his facial features or physique, I was excited to find out. We finally arrived and began to follow a crowd of people to the entrance and then we came to a stop. I looked around and saw statues of canyons, shopping centers, fire arms, commanders, and a huge crowd of people gathered in a line.

The sight of two hundred men marching felt like a day of victory. These men came out marching in an orderly fashion. Their legs and hands moving all at the same time. Suddenly, they came to a stop and faced the crowd who began to cheer them on. “Front and center and quiet!” yelled a commander named Doug. Once the crowd became quiet commander Doug gave an introduction speech on how hard these boys worked to become men. After the commander’s speech, he announced for the crowd to scream as loud as they can to show how much they’ve missed their men. I screamed loud and long while starring at my best friend. My chest was hurting because I screamed with all my might; it felt as if my chest was crushing, but I couldn’t stop because I was so happy and excited at the same time like a hyper child. Finally commander Doug said, “ Family and friends I give you your class of 2010-- Marines!”
After the ceremony, my best friend, family, and I got acquainted and went off for some lunch. My best friend said, “come give me a hug! Ah its so good to see you”. I replied, “I missed you terribly for three months.” As we spoke to each other, he gave me the ability to relax and not worry because everything was ok. I was amazed to see how clean his uniform was. He wore a beige collared shirt with gold pendants neatly tucked in his navy blue pants with the shiniest black shoes I’ve ever seen, it was astounding. Then, we decided to eat there and the food was excellent chicken breast, green beans, mashed potatoes and the lists goes on. While eating together everyone talked, my best friend, told stories and some jokes and we enjoyed every moment. Once everyone was finished eating we went on a tour of the camp; It was like a little city with a movie theatre, gym, mini mall, playground, basketball court, and a restaurant, but so much more. Once the tour was done we said farewell to my best friend. As I hugged my best friend goodbye I inhaled and exhaled slowly because this was another painful time I would have to say-- goodbye.

My best friend is more than a friend. My best friend grew up with me and left me at age 19 to become a Marine. I realized once someone leaves a friend after building a bond so great it feels like a death took place. However, my best friend left to better himself and to prove to people what kind of brother I have. Yes, it’s true my brother Randy is the best friend I’ve ever had because we’ve been through so much. We use to make one another so mad that one day I hit him in the head hard with the phone and he twisted my wrist. We’ve been through happy times, also lying for each other, going to clubs, cooking for each other, and best of all, he takes me every year for my birthday to Ragging Waters; we attended that theme park so much for my birthday we made it a tradition. However, this year the tradition was broken and I was disappointed I couldn‘t even give him a simple hug. But, February 26, was that special day I’ll never forget when I saw my best friend become a Marine. Despite the pain of seeing him leave, I was glad to know he was doing something for his life. Until we meet again-- my brother. LOVE YOU MUCH. ZINA"


Hahaha "Commander Doug". It's about time you sent me this, you saved this from september to now to give me as a Christmas gift huh Cheap'O? I didn't know I was your bestfreind trick, I would've bought you something for christmas if I would've known that haha. Curumba Curumba, I remember when it was your birthday I kept telling people "you know I'm suppose to be at Ragin Waters right now" haha. Watch when mom see's this she's going to be like "What all yuh lyin bout?" hahaha you ALWAYS slippin!! How many of your fine track friends want my number now? You got an A++ on this paper huh? haha You know I love you my everything, this made my day, of course it hurt a little but all the memories tied into it made it such an amazing gift. I la la la la loooooove you baby!! muuuahz thank you  mucho and I know I won't be hearing from you for a while after you open your present, you not gon leave that thang alone huh? haha =0)






It's the little things that matter most ... G.G.M.

2 comments:

  1. lol. yuurr welcome love. and thats funny you were tellin people your suppose to be at ragging waters.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. duhh haha I hate missing my babes birthday

    ReplyDelete

What's Your Opinion?